Recipe: Blackberry Balsamic Salmon

We love fish, but unfortunately do not fish. I grew up fishing with my dad but my hubby is not in to it so much and we just really don't have time, which usually means we don't eat fish often. Over the last few years I've tried to steer away from farmed fish and eat only wild caught. However, that can be spendy and with four of us, it doesn't happen as often as I like. 

Recently, one of my hubby's co-workers gave him a beautiful slab of steelhead. Or was it salmon? I can't remember and they look and taste similar, but it doesn't matter, I love it all. To say I was excited was an understatement. I have many ways I like to prepare it, but wanted to try something a little different. 

This recipe is easy, adaptable and worthy of the President..hee hee! All you need are a few simple ingredients. I know, I know...I don't have measurements. Some things just have to go by taste. 


Ingredients:

Salmon
balsamic vinegar
blackberry jam
onion powder
garlic powder
pepper

Instructions:

1. Place salmon on a foil lined pan and preheat oven to 400

2. Sprinkle salmon with onion powder, garlic powder and pepper. 

3. In a bowl add blackberry jam. Gradually add balsamic vinegar, tasting as you go until you are satisfied. You want a slightly sweet, slightly vinegary flavor. 

4. Bake salmon in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Spread vinegar/jam mixture over salmon and continue baking until desired doneness. Some people like their salmon a little pink, my hubby likes it completely done so cooking time will vary but typically between 15-30 minutes also depending on thickness of fillets.



With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts